At eight months, Jack:
- weighs 17 pounds.
- is 28.5 inches tall.
- sleeps 12 hours a night.
- is still primarily breastfed, taking 3-6 ounces of formula a day if any.
- is CRAZY about baby puffs!
- started sitting up and has become a sturdy sitter. He's even joined us several times at the table in restaurant high chairs. He spends his time banging on the table and cramming puffs into his mouth and is perfectly content!
- is able to get up on his hands and knees rock back and forth. **Two days after his official 8 month birthday, and the same day as Owen and Mason's 5th birthday, he officially started crawling! His big brothers were very excited about this birthday present to them!
- has finally started eating baby food! After only a week (at 6 months) of liking rice cereal, he protested everything until recently. First he would only eat bananas. Then he decided he liked bananas with pumpkin. Go figure. Next was pears, apples, and peaches. The only veggie he likes is carrots and still doesn't eat anything green. Hmm...sounds like his Daddy! I do manage to get greens down him when it is mixed in with fruits. Oh, and he still doesn't care for rice cereal.
- still has no teeth. I don't mind though. That toothless grin is gone forever once the first one comes in.
- is evidently old enough to go for rides in things. He took his first ride in Granna and Granddaddy's boat, the wagon, the backyard swing, and Owen and Mason's power wheels.
- is still a light napper and a short napper. Every few days he will surprise with a long nap though.
- loves to lean over backwards, pop up, and (gently) throw himself back again.
- can be distracted from crying most easily by either throwing him up in the air over your head or giving him puffies.
Hey, where did you come from?
Sorry bear, you're too young to watch this.
Yep, I'm cute!